Each year the City Mission helps thousands of Aucklanders in desperate need by providing practical assistance and support. Whether it is a temporary set-back or a long-term issue that needs expert attention the City Mission is there to help. We are often the last resort of people who literally have nowhere else to turn.
Over the last 12 months the Mission:
- Provided 11,349 emergency food parcels to families and individuals in desperate need
- Offered 26 regular activities in our Homeless Activity Programme
- Completed 899 emergency housing assessments
- Reached out 2,193 times to Auckland’s rough sleepers
- Housed 166 homeless people
- Provided 222,835 hot drinks during the 41,228 visits to our Homeless Community Drop-In Centre
- Assisted 210 isolated elderly
- Provided 10,239 consultations at our medical centre
- Completed 962 drug and alcohol assessments
- Admitted 386 people to our residential drug & alcohol centre
- Distributed $2.5m worth of food distributed via Foodlink and through our Crisis Care services
- Supported 80 other community organisations supported with food
To provide these essential services we rely on the support of the Auckland community. Donations of money, goods, professional skills and time are the reason that the Mission can be there every day for those in the community who need our assistance. Thanks to everyone who supports our work, together we are making Auckland a better community for us all.
Make a donation today to help people in desperate need.
Auckland City Mission is a Registered Charitable Entity under the Charities Act 2005. Registration Number CC22938.
Follow us on
Catch up with our work in the latest edition of the Mission News.
Pre-order your copy of the 2015-2016 Entertainment Book today to support Auckland City Mission.
Join the Auckland City Mission ASB Auckland Marathon team.